Tere is a nice description on actions for the list owner on what to do to circumvent this in
http://www.spamresource.com/2014/04/run-email-discussion-list-heres-how-to.html

On 23 jul. 2016, at 20:50, Girvin Herr wrote:

On 07/22/2016 09:12 PM, Felmon Davis wrote:
On Fri, 22 Jul 2016, Girvin Herr wrote:

Bruce,
Thanks for the response.
Yes, I have ask.libreoffice.org bookmarked also.  It is another resource.  This forum has
benefited me in the past, and I prefer to stay with it.  As I said, I have been away for about
2 years and I was not sure what had happened to the forum in that time. I have spent the last
year off-and-on trying to sign up again through my at&t/yahoo email provider, but my
subscription requests have been going into a black hole.  I never even got the subscription
confirmation replies.  I suspected the problem was with at&t/yahoo again, similar to 2 years
ago, so I had a friend, who was not with at&t/yahoo, test the subscription process and it
worked for him.  That was when I had proof that the problem was with at&t/yahoo.  I suspect
they are blacklisting this forum for whatever reason, but they never told me they were doing
it.  I am in the process of shutting down my at&t/yahoo email service and, as you can see in
the header, I am in the process of switching to FastMail.  They seem to be working fine.

Thanks again and take care.
Girvin

possible cause:

"In an attempt to block email spoofing attacks on yahoo.com addresses, Yahoo began imposing a
stricter email validation policy that unfortunately breaks the usual workflow on legitimate
mailing lists."

Lucian Constantin
IDG News Service Apr 8, 2014 6:10 AM

f.

Felmon,

Yes, but the effect of this at&t/yahoo policy is to censure their customers.  at&t had never
informed me of this policy. I had to figure it out from the unusual silence I was experiencing.
These at&t/yahoo policies are not in my interests, so I am dumping at&t/yahoo as soon as I can.

Thanks for the link.  It was enlightening.

Thanks.
Girvin