Sigh, this really has no place on the User list.  This is clearly a Design
and implementation issue and UX issue.

However, for the benefit of  Users who don't understand this claim that
LibreOffice does not support Unicode, we'll humor the OP.

For starters, essentially all font handling on LibreOffice is already
Unicode based--saying otherwise is simply untrue.

Rather, LibreOffice as hosted on supported OS supports Unicode--and
enhancing input and manipulation of Unicode that is exactly what the project
has been doing with the :emoji: autocorrect, the Alt+X Unicode character
toggle (Commnd+Option+X on OS X), and the Special Character dialog with font
selection, Unicode block selection, search/display by Unicode code point,
and an edit bar to compose picked Unicode glyphs.

There are a few additional enhancements that will improve the Special
Character dialog--recently used & favorites, composing into the edit bar
with multiple font families, search by and display codepoint details. And we
might also improve linkage with OS provided IME and deadkey input methods.

Beyond that, once text in the is selected and input to the document canvas
it is still Unicode and takes what ever paragraph, character, or page style
is applied.  The glyphs are still Unicode and are rendered by the graphics
rendering provided by each OS.

At that, I hope folks can understand why OP claimed missing support and
"enhancement" is rather unrealistic and unwelcome to what the project is
already pursuing.

And for the benefit of those who ask what are we missing...  if you are on
Windows have a look at Andrew West's   BableStone
<http://www.babelstone.co.uk/index.html>   Unicode 9.0 based BablePad multi
script text editor, or its BableMap character map utility.

BablePad is a nice multi-font text editor with simple GUI and menu driven
options to adjust script and IME, BableMap is its character map utility.

Believe some of the utility features of BableMap are what remain to be
achieved with search/map/select in our Special Symbols dialog.

Stuart