On 08/07/16 02:01, Pat Brown wrote:
Mike, the problem is that when I double click on the chart and I right
click, none of the options is "Data Ranges". The closest I can come is
"Data Table.." This is what has been frustrating me. I wonder if it
would help to re-install LO as there may have been some sort of
corruption during my last install. I am using version 5.1.3.2 on Win 7 Pro.

5.1.4.2/mint here. But it's behaved the same for as long as I remember.

OTOH, I'm charting a set of cells within the spreadsheet. If I double-click the chart, and select "View" from the menu bar, then "Data Table" is a greyed-out option. I have not the foggiest idea what it does -- the help system unhelpfully tells me:

  "Opens the Data Table dialog where you can edit the chart data.

  The Data Table dialog is not available if you insert a chart that is
  based on a Calc sheet or on a Writer table."

But if I double-click the chart and then R-click somewhere on it, I get different menus depending on what's been clicked (background, grid, point, trend line), but they /all/ finish with chart type, data ranges, copy, paste.

Do you have/can you borrow another machine you can run this on? IMO if you seriously think the installation is corrupted, reinstalling might be a good plan; but try moving your profile to one side first - I gather resetting that can cure a number of ills.

(BTW, it's almost always best to follow up to the list, rather than to any individual. At the very least, you get the benefit of the collected wisdom, while others may benefit from any discussion.)

On 7 July 2016 at 16:15, Mike Scott <v.lo@scottsonline.org.uk