On 17/06/2016 09:13, Joseph Molon wrote:

Hello, may I ask how to cite your software?

_Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association: Sixth
Edition_

Section 7.08 states: "Reference entries are not necessary for standard
software and programming languages, such as Microsoft Word or Excel,
Java, Adobe Photoshop, and even SAS and SPSS."

LibreOffice should fall within that exception. If, however, you feel
that proviso does not apply, then the following can be used.

LibreOffice (5.1)
[Computer Software]
Berlin: Germany: The Document Foundation

As best as I can determine, neither Chicago, BlueBook (including
RedBook), Harvard, MLA, SBL, nor Vancouver have any provisions for
citing computer software.

If somebody insists that their style manual of choice requires a
citation, and APA is not acceptable, then one of the following ought to
meet their requirements:

1: In text would read  _The Document Foundation (2016)_
With the bibliographic citation as

The Document Foundation
_LibreOffice 5.1_
Berlin: Germany: 2016
http://www.libreoffice.org

2: In text would read ( Latini, Meeks, et. al. 2016 )

With the bibliographic citation as:

Marina Latini, Michael Meeks, Thorsten Behrens, et. al. (2016)
LibreOffice
Berlin,Germany: The Document Foundation

If none of those three suffice, then I'd need to know the specific style
manual, including edition, that the citation is for.  _If_ I have to
that style manual, then I can probably figure out the appropriate
format. Do note that the overwhelming majority of style manuals not only
do not call for software to be cited, but have no provision for it being
cited.

###

I listed Marina Latini & Michael Meeks as lead developers, simply
because they are the current chairman and deputy chairman of _The
Document Foundation_.
(For those that object to describing Marina Latini as chairman, not only
that the term grammatically correct, but it is how the legal page
translated "Vorstandsvorsitzende".)

For versions of LibreOffice release in 2014 - 2016, the listing would be
(Thorsten Behrens, Eliane Domingos de Sousa, et al ).

For versions of LibreOffice released in 2012 - 2014, the listing would
be ( Florian Effenberg, Thorsten Behrens et al ).

jonathon