Have you tried creating a Calc sheet as Admin?

On 6/12/2016 11:44 AM, Riverglen wrote:
Thanks for your interest.  I don't have hands-on access to the Windows 10
machine at the moment.  I could probably get a copy of the file that
originally had the problem.

BUT, my last experiment was to create an entirely new spreadsheet file (just
a few cells, filled with arbitrary integers) on the Windows 10 machine, and
the Calc program wouldn't save that, regardless of whether I tried "Save" or
"Save as".  So it seems unlikely the the original file was the source of the
problem.  I believe that she has tried several files, with the same result.

One thing I will have to check back on is a few settings changes I made to
set up default file paths, and Windows file type associations so that the
user wouldn't be confused needlessly by a slightly different working
environment.

But, it still seems to me that a newly created file should be saved without
protest.  If I made some errors in the configuration changes I made, I might
expect to have a little trouble finding where the file got saved.  But I get
the error report pop-up immediately, as soon as I select any of the
available save options from the "File" menu.