hello.
i use libreoffice 4.3.5.
but i tested more than twenty versions of this great program.
from my experience, if you install version 5.0 and later, there are
more features for impress and its more customizable in impress in
compare to the previous versions.
if i am correct, you can select these settings that you want in the
format menu.
and you can change the values according to your desire.
thanks so much for your question and god bless you.