Thanks, Kruno! I will try out your hints...
Regards
Heinz
On Mon, 11 Apr 2016 14:55:18 +0200, Kruno <kruno.se@gmx.com> wrote:

On 04/11/2016 02:14 PM, On 04/11/2016 02:14 PM, Heinrich Stoellinger wrote:
Hello,
I have been using LO for years and years as a very happy customer!
Just lately
I have an annoying issue: I use LO (Version 5.x) mainly under
Linux/Mint 17.3.
Sometimes, when marking a text area under Writer so as to copy/paste
it, my
system freezes to the point that it has to be re-booted. This does NOT
happen
under Debian 8 or Windows 7. So it might well be a problem inherent to
Linux-Mint.
Does anybody else also experience this?
Greetings from Salzburg (spring has just broken out viciously here!)
Heinz
P.S.: By the way - I wish Base could find enough people to beef it up
somewhat.
Somebody in a Linux newsletter I get everyday just stated that the
absence of
something like Access is the number one stopper for them to fully
convert to LO.
I use Base with a MySQL back-end server a lot, but it is be no means a
complete
enough package at present...

Well, there's a very old (2011-old) thread about it on
forums.linuxmint.com [1] and I even remotely can say if that's true but
it seams that you should turn off hardware acceleration and anti
aliasing under

Tools → Options → LibreOffice → View [→ untick Use hardware acceleration
and Use anti-aliasing]

But I have no clue if that will work (or what is actually wrong in the
first place)...

:)

[1] https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=77851#p455010