Method 1 - Using Value()
Use value() function to convert a text string into a number or date.
Copy the result; paste special as number or date.
---
Method 2 - Search & Replace
Select (highlight) a cell range then:
Using Search & Replace (Ctrl+H):
Search for = .*
Replace = &
Under Other Options:
Y = Current selection only
Y = Regular expressions
Click Replace All

For the csv file Open Calc then open the CSV file from Calc. You can set
you file associations on Windows, Linux, etc. so CSV files are always
opened by Calc.