Hi All,

I'm creating full A4-sized page background images in GIMP to insert into
A4-format Writer documents. I've noticed that when these images are
added to Writer and anchored to page, things are not perfectly flush as
I would expect.

After a bit of tinkering I believe this is because Writer doesn't treat
an A4-format page as having exactly 2480x3508 pixel dimensions (at 300 DPI).

For example, my GIMP working files use the A4 300 DPI preset, which is
2480x3508 pixels. If I create a new blank Writer document using A4 page
size, then export this blank document as a PNG and set the export DPI
setting to 300, Writer instead displays this as 2481x3507 pixels. I see
similar ever-so-slightly different results when attempting to import an
A4 PDF exported from Writer into GIMP at 300 DPI, again off by a matter
of pixels.

Everything I've read points to 2480x3508 definitely being the dimensions
for A4 (e.g. http://www.a4papersize.org/a4-paper-size-in-pixels.php).
Can someone please help me understand why there is a difference in Writer?

Cheers,
Dave

--
Dave Koelmeyer