Hi Frank,

I will try to explain better:
1. suppose we have a *multi-sheet* Calc document (ods file);
2. when you go to print preview, you see only the current sheet (print preview) and the page numbers are consequently assigned; 3.1. if you have *to print* (on paper or on a pdf printer) *only some pages* of the *current* (selected) sheet, in the *print dialog window* you can choose the sheet and than (and also!) the page range (that is *coherent* with the print preview one!); 3.2. if you have *to export* natively the pdf of only some pages of the current sheet *you have to* (you ought to), after having seen the print preview, select the associated area, go to file menu -> Export in PDF... and and then choose selected area in the *Export to PDF dialog window* (as you, Frank, have just pointed out).

I hope to have explained better the trouble.

What do you think?

Carlo

p.s. My systems are:
1. _hp notebook_
- Microsoft Windows 10, 64 bit, build 1511, ita gui, daily updated;
- LibreOffice 5.1.1.3 (is not a typo, but the RC3 of the upcoming 5.1.1), Win_x64;
-- custom install -> full Optional Components selected;
-- Italian help installed;

2. _assembled middle tower pc_
- debian stretch, AMD64, daily updated, kernel 4.3.5 SMP;
- distro native LibreOffice 5.0.x uninstalled and purged;
- vanilla (TDF) LibreOffice 5.1.1.3, deb, x86-64;
-- deb ita lang pack;
-- deb ita help pack.

--
ing. Carlo Strata