Hi Larry,

Larry Evans schrieb:
After selecting the [Page Preview] option, I get a screen showing
how the page would look when output by my printer.

No, it does not. It is a common misunderstanding of that view. The only true preview is the preview in the print dialog itself, because there the printer settings are known and can be considered.

  On that
screen, there's a [Format Page] entry on the 2nd line;

Which version do you use? I do not have such icon. And in the menu Format the Page item is disable.

 however, when
I click on that, nothing happens.

Perhaps it has been removed for that reason?

  I  want to change the format to
landscape.

Also, even after I select [File>Printer Setting...>Properties>Paper] and
specify Landscape, and then, again, select [Page Preview], it still
shows the Portrait format.

The default setting of LibreOffice is to ignore the printers paper setting. Instead LibreOffice tries to find the best fit between the paper size, which the printer tells it is able to use, and the document page settings.

How can I get the [Page Preview] to show a landscape format?

See above.

When you are actually in the printing dialog, you can go to the tab Options and check the option to force LibreOffice to use the printer settings of the printer. I need that always, when I want to print a DIN A5 brochure by double-side printing on a DIN A4 paper. But in most cases the automatic matching will work. Have a careful look at the dimension lines in the preview in that dialog. If you drag the printing dialog larger the preview will become larger too and you can see well, how your document is put onto the paper.

My OS information given by `uname --all` is:

Linux lje-OptiPlex-9020 3.13.0-79-generic #123-Ubuntu SMP Fri Feb 19
14:27:58 UTC 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

my libreoffice version information given by `soffice --version` is:

LibreOffice 4.2.8.2 420m0(Build:2)

Printing in Linux is not as easy as in Windows. I have read that sometimes settings in the OS are needed to get a straight workflow. But I know only Windows and cannot help you with Linux.

Kind regards
Regina