Robert wrote (Thursday, March 3, 2016, 4:58:46 PM):

When I insert a manual page break I see a blue dashed line between the
two pages. Don't you see that? I can easily delete the page break by
going to the beginning of the next page. This is in LO 5.0.1.2 but I
think it's been like that for a long time.

Ah, I see what you mean. When I uncheck "hide whitespace" in menu
"View" (I usually keep it checked), I see that line indeed. You can
even choose the colour of the line via menu/Tools/Options/Libre
Office/ Application Colours/Text Document: Page and column breaks (may
be it should rather read "_Manual_ page and column breaks"?).

Thank you for the tip :)

--
Cheers,
Annette