On 2015/04/23 0:17, Thomas Blasejewicz wrote:
Good night = morning from Japan
I believe I did ask the same question in the past related to an installation on a Win XP machine:
moving through documents (Writer) in LibreOffice while editing sometimes
(constantly!) sort of blurrs/freezes the screen.
That means, characters/lines/text sections "disappear", look like
smeared ink or are displayed overlapping.
The "problem" is solved, by switching to another Writer document and back.

Computer: just bought a new one, no running Windows 10, Intel i7, 3.6 GHz
8 GB RAM, 120 GB SSD = OS + 1 TB HDD
and probably a whole lot of fancy high-tech stuff I am not capable of understanding.

So, I would LOVE to believe, that there cannot be any sort of
"insufficient power".

Thank you.
Thomas

As said above, I did ask this last year in April and even before that.
Mr. Barker suggested minimizing the window.
Actually, that clears the view ... but only once and upon the next
operation the same thing happens again.
I have to "adjust" the view literally hundreds of times a day.

I am really wondering why this happens in the first place. It is
extremely annoying.
The SAME thing happens on at least 6 different computers I have tried: 3
Windows (XP, 7, 10) and 3 Linux (xubuntu, Mint) machines.
All have different hardware configurations.
AND ... on ALL machines this behavior appears ONLY with LibreOffice (I
use mostly Writer and Calc and so do not know about the other components)
Since this behavior affects only LibreOffice on multiple different
machines with different OSs ... I have difficulties recognizing it as a
hardware problem.
I tried to change all settings (including the memory settings) that
might be involved under Options.
So far nothing has helped.
Is there really no way to tell LibreOffice to behave like all other
applications (dozens!) on my computers?

Thank you
Thomas