Hi :)
I think, there are a lot of apps that are purpose-built for
cataloguing and sorting music collections.  There are a couple of
hidden tags in music files to help sort them appropriately.  I think
id3v1 and id3v2.

If you are using any version of Linux then just use any of your
package manager's to search for "music" or something similar or be
more specific.  I think the default music/media-players tend to have
something that has a fairly good go at sorting music collections.
Mine used to use "Banshee" but now uses "Rhythmbox" by default.  Then
there are extra tools to help deal with pesky niggles where the 2
versions of tags seldom both get filled in.  I once tried copy&pasting
from one to the other but it quickly gets tedious and there are much
better tools for the job anyway, apparently.

I suspect that Base could probably be a good front-end for a good
range of such tools/apps.

If you are just trying to
Regards form
Tom :)