LOSING JUSTIFY

With at least one example, I lost "justify" with opening a PDF in LibreOffice Draw. The original PDF was in two columns with each justified. In Draw, it was left aligned, and some of the lines in the left column overlapped the right.

I got this using "Print/export" > "Download as PDF" from "Effective defense and ISIL" in Wikiversity (https://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Effective_defense_and_ISIL) with LibreOffice 5.0.3.2 and 5.0.4.2 just now.

FORCE READING IN WRITER?

      Is there a way to force LO to open it in Writer?

Alternatively, is there other software (preferably free and open-source) that can read the text (and numbers) and make them available to Writer or Calc that's easier than copying and pasting from Draw?

The text in Draw is all single lines, which makes it inconvenient to work from.

      Thanks,
      Spencer Graves