I am trying to build a simple interface app for a user.  With 35 years
experience in software development, I can tell you:

1.  It is customary to password protect a database to prevent unauthorized
access.

2.  It is customary for applications that validate a user to have the
password embedded in the program so that each user doesn't have to know the
DB password.

That is what I am trying to do with Base.  (Also, I see no relationship
between your link and my question.)

Thanks.

Blake McBride