On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 5:17 AM, Andreas Säger <villeroy@t-online.de> wrote:

Am 12.12.2015 um 14:57 schrieb Don Parris:
I want to use KAddressBook as the resource for my LibreOffice mailmerge.
Unfortunately, the only way this seems possible is by exporting the
contacts from KAddressBook to a CSV file.

I have searched high and low, and cannot find any good way to use
KAddressBook.  The KDE-PIM group seems to offer little help beyond
exporting the data.

How did you formulate your question? Can you provide a hyperlink to your
help request? Did you ask for specific parameters to connect with the
underlying database?
Developers don't know anything about LibreOffice except that it has a
spreadsheet application so they recommend csv because this is what
everybody does when database data need to be used with non-database
applications.

I though my question - posed some time ago now - was quite clear.  I can't
even recall getting an actual reply to my question.  I found a similar
thread via a Google search, but that just basically told the OP to use
import.  It really is difficult to imagine that the KDE-PIM developers
don't know about LibreOffice or its ability to import addresses.  I really
assume it is incumbent on the LibreOffice devs to create the appropriate
tool.  Did the Evolution devs create the LibreOffice tool for accessing its
address book directly?

It really is completely mind-boggling that two prominent projects would
somehow "miss" each other like this.