On Thu, 3 Dec 2015 23:46:57 +0100
Philip Jackson <philip.jackson@nordnet.fr> dijo:

On 03/12/15 18:50, John Jason Jordan wrote:
By 'focus problem' I mean that when I restore LO from having been
minimized to the panel the LO window does not take the focus like all
other programs do. I have to click somewhere on the window to get it
to take the focus. Until I click on the window I can't type in the
document.

I've been using UbuntuStudio 1404 with LO 4.2.8.2 (again up to date
from the repository) and I had never noticed this problem.  I have
rechecked each of the points you raise above and in my case, the focus
is always in the LO window just where required.

I basically only use the spreadsheet and writer but for these two
applications, I cannot reproduce any of the symptoms you describe.

Since you have this problem for a long time, could it be down to
hardware ?

The more I thought about it, the more I thought it must be an
addition, extension or some kind of add-on that I always use. Either
that or something in the way I have set up the layout. As for the
latter, I always use the LO window as a regular window (not full
screen), and I have the toolbars floating, usually only formatting
(customized), styles, and Zotero. Just now I tried an experiment. Of
the toolbars, the only one I have customized is the formatting toolbar,
so that was my first suspect. I disabled the formatting toolbar, and
voilà! My Writer window takes the focus as it is supposed to.

Now to figure out why using a customized formatting toolbar causes this
problem. I suspect a bug, but before I can say for sure it would be
helpful if others here could see if customizing the formatting toolbar
causes the same problem.

Here is a screenshot: