I want to trigger an event when a particular cell becomes the active cell.

Here's the situation:

After entering a payment in a specific cell (say $10 in A5) and hitting
enter, I'd like to programatically put the current time as hidden
"userdata" in the cell immediately below it (A6) - the new active cell. I'd
like to detect leaving that cell (A6) or entering the cell below (A7)
without modifying the visible contents of A6 or A7.

I want to use the elapsed time between the enter keystrokes to change the
way the sheet reacts.

$10 (enter) (immediate enter) Signals that the transaction is over and a
macro sets up for the next transaction.

$10 (enter) (wait a second) (enter) Signals the transaction isn't over and
just sits there.

The time difference between the double enter keystrokes determines what
happens next.

This spreadsheet has 6600 lines of macro code that makes it function, and
I'm already relying heavily on event handling, but it only works on a
modified cell. In this case, I'm not modifying A6 or A7, but I want to
trigger an event that lets me know they have become the active cells.

--
Bill Gradwohl