John,

did you get LO from the ubuntu repos?

I tried this under Fedora 23 and LO5.0.1.2 (from the LO website) with no problems.

Cheers

On 02/12/15 08:11, John R. Sowden wrote:
More: This time I copied from a diffent cell to the same cell as before, immed crash. Also I do three columns like this. The first col was ok, the third col was ok, the lower of the two in the second col was ok, the upper of the second col went boom.