On 2015-11-17 17:34, charles meyer wrote:
Hi Grx HdV,

Thanks so much for sharing your experience.

I’m very glad to hear you’ve enjoyed good experiences with KD Enlive.

Which Linux distribution are you using which includes KD Enlive?

Which features have you liked most with KD Enlive?

I’m trying to find that KD Enlive built into any of the LIVE Linux
distributions but I haven’t found one yet.

I use (and very much like) the LIVE distributions of Knoppix and
Ubuntu (and its variations Kubuntu, Lubuntu).

Right now I run Windoze 7 on my PCs so I use Linux as a LIVE on a CD I
burned of them.

I’ve downloaded and I’m using Windows Live Movie Maker (free) but
that’s a very basic video editor. I’ve read KD Enlive has many more
features.

I don’t have a budget to buy commercial video editors (e.g. Adobe
Premiere, Final Cut Pro, etc.) and there's huge learnign curves with
them anyway  so I’m trying to do as much for free as possible with
user-friendly interfaces.

If there is no LIVE Linux distribution with KD Enlive then one day
I’ll have to see about getting some cheap, re-furbished computer to
install Linux with KD Enlive.

Hi Charles,

I am using Debian GNU/Linux. I am quite sure kdenlive is not part of the
standard Live distribution of Debian, but that does not have to be a
problem. You could use an USB-stick to install Debian on and install
kdenlive after that with a plain "apt-get install kdenlive".

More info on how to do this can be read at
http://live.debian.net/manual/current/html/live-manual.en.html#the-basics

Good luck!

Grx HdV