On 14/11/2015 20:09, Harvey Nimmo wrote:

Sorry for my imprecision :-(. I meant references for the negative
impact of Excel on the Human Genom project. Just because Excel had been

Neither DDG nor Google are providing appropriate URLs to me, of the
research articles that showed where that project was negatively
impacted.(The same search terms might show somebody else the appropriate
articles.)

There were discussions about this on /., K5, and Reddit, but those
discussions aren't coming up, when I search those sites.  :(

The copies of the papers I archived were destroyed, when a friend of my
housemate borrowed (without permission) my archival hard drive, and
allowed Windows to "fix the errors", which it (Windows) did, by
reformatting the hard drive.

there should have been data quality checks in place as well, which

It was the discrepancies between the various quality checks, that first
indicated that there might be problems. It took a very long time for the
primary researchers to admit that the amount of destroyed data was
unknown, and unknowable.

jonathon