Quote: "I wanted to check on its compatibility with other providers ie microsoft office . . ." What other "providers" do you need to be compatible with? That other office packages are you using, and what different file formats are you using? You should find that LibreOffice will handle what you are using in the way of "office documents". It sure covers all of my home/office needs.

I get MS Office documents sent to me all the time [it seems] and had very little problems with them. The only issue I have had, was when the person created a very complex document with the latest version of Word that others with the previous version could not view properly as well.

I do not use PowerPoint or LO's Impress hardly at all. I seem to stick with Writer and Calc [Word and Excel] documents. I prefer not to use the MS OOXML formats and stick with older .doc and .xlt formats so there would be no compatibility issues between all the different MS Office versions and their individually defined OOXML formats that plaguing some MS Office users. The issue is since each time a new version of Office comes out, MS "redefines" the OOXML formats just enough that sometimes documents created by the newest version do not display correctly previous versions - i.e. create a .docx document with newest version of Word and then hope that it displays correctly on Word that was bought 3 or 4 years ago.

LibreOffice keeps having the filters, that import/export MS Office document, as up-to-date as possible.

I stopped using MS Office since the 2003 version. I still have the Office 2003 media, but I cannot afford to keep buying the "latest and greatest" [so they say] since they keep telling the people I know that they "must" get the newest version of Office to "compete". I stopped using MS's Office packages in 2004 or 2005. Now that most of my work is done on Linux systems, you must use an alternative to MS. LibreOffice is the best I have used. It has been that way since LibreOffice came out.

The great thing about LibreOffice is the cross-platform ability. There are more platforms [i.e. Windows, Linux, Mac] that support LibreOffice than MS Office, plus more supported "native languages" - 100+ so far I believe.