On 2015-10-16 06:56, Brian Barker wrote:
At 12:52 15/10/2015 -0400, Charles Meyer wrote:
At 18:28 14/10/2015 -0400, Charles Meyer wrote:
In Libre Writer 4.3.5.2, I wanted to change the plain text to single spacing for all lines of text in all paragraphs. I highlighted all the lines and then I followed both of these suggestions but it still appears double-spaced although it says it's single spaced but isn't 1. Select the paragraph and then go to Format, Paragraph, Indents & Spacing tab, Line Spacing.
2. Right click to open the context menu > Line Spacing.

How do I truly secure single spacing?

Tom,
That was it!
Thank you!!
For all those interested, when I changed the Style Setting Box from Text Body to Default Style, then it changed the spacing to single spacing.

I'm interested, but puzzled. Surely that could not have been the solution if the problem was as described?

o Text Body paragraph style has Single spacing by default - though you (or someone else) could well have changed this to Double: no problem.

o But in any case, the two techniques you described as not working both apply local formatting, and applying local single spacing to paragraphs with double spacing in their paragraph style *will* overrule the style and change the spacing. So the techniques that you say failed you would have worked (even though not an ideal solution).

I'm delighted that you are happy, of course - but it would be nice to know what was *really* happening.

My Text Body style as default has spacing below the paragraph. The Default style does not.

Interesting - but that would still affect the appearance only if the original questioner's "lines of text in all paragraphs" were actually separate paragraphs (as I suggested), wouldn't it?

Brian Barker