The reason why I write this letter is to ask you about the security of
this software, I think since it is open source, so I am worrying about the
security and possibility of being attacked by hacker and virus. I am very
sensitive toward security and I do not want my documents sent to the hacker
later. Can I make myself easy about the concern?

And, does this software work independently  like MS office and is it
Off-line program? or Does it work through cloud service system, API, and
Online based system?

​Hi,

I'll try to address these specific points​.

Yes, LibreOffice is an open source project. However, I have difficulties
seeing the link between the open source status and the actual security.
As a quick summary of things, all software have the potential for security
issues; the only difference between open source and closed source is that
for the former, it is possible to run a security audit on the code to find
these defects, while in closed source you just have to trust some vendors
for their words.
That aside, LibreOffice itself have no (as far as I know) disclosed
security issues at the moment. It have happened (and will happen, as with
any kind of software), and usually such issues are fixed quickly by the
developers.
As long as you download the software from a trusted source (as in, the
official LibreOffice website) there is nothing to worry about on this front.

Also, LibreOffice is a completely offline package, and does not require any
kind of internet connection to run (beyond the initial download of course).
Unless you explicitely use such functionalities, there is no communication
at all coming from the software, with the exception of the update-checking
mechanism.