Hmmm, one way that noobs become non-noobs is by following clear directions a few times. I agree with John Sowdon, and I abhore "screw-you" snobs.

Joe Conner, Poulsbo, WA USA

On 10/09/2015 11:48 AM, Andreas Säger wrote:
Am 09.10.2015 um 18:02 schrieb Tom Davies:
Hi :)
I think John Sowdon is suggesting that it might be a good idea to have
simple instructions on the official website and make them easily accessible
to noobs.  This would be something for the Website's Team to discuss.

Installing software on Linux is not for noobs. Noobs can live with what
they get from ppa and update automagically.

John R. Sowden wrote:
I have been using the command line since trs-80, cp/m and dos before moving to linux.  What are the
commands?  (Fresh PPA)
So I could write a detailed description about how to install any
downloadable versions of Open/LibreOffice on a Debian system without
having to explain the command line.
He knows that he doesn't have to type all that stuff.
He can handle the clipboard on a terminal.
He knows about symlinks, current path, path variables, absolute and
relative paths.
The installation procedure is a matter of seconds or may be two minutes
including the md5sum check and including the "desktop integration" which
is not really necessary to run the software.

--
Blessings, Joe
Joshua 24:15 .... "as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."