Date: prev next · Thread: first prev next last
2015 Archives by date, by thread · List index

Good evening
I just noticed something trying to open a ".doc" file a translation
agency sent me.
It contains Japanese characters and some German words/short text portions.
Opening the file in Word 2013 (don't have any other version) shows these
characters neatly separated.
Opening the same file with Writer, the text portions of adjacent
Japanese/German overlap.
One character width to be precise.

Is there a trick to correct this behavior?

Maybe related:
I was working on a different file (.docx) received from an agency. I
opened the original Word file with Writer and
saved it each time in .docx format. When I delivered the file, however,
the agency called me back and said,
they cannot open the file. I tried that on my own computer: opening the
Writer saved .docx file with Word
and got an error message, saying the file is broken. Something about an
xml code.
Saving the file as .doc resolved the problem. (file size increased by 350%)
Is that related to the above problem?
If so, what should I do to prevent this kind of problem?
(it makes me very unpopular with the translation agencies ...)

Thank you

To unsubscribe e-mail to:
Posting guidelines + more:
List archive:
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted


Privacy Policy | Impressum (Legal Info) | Copyright information: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images on this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License. This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2). "LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use thereof is explained in our trademark policy.