Hello again,

I've been testing a bit on a few files, but even the simplest sort on the A
column, with or without column headers, of a small original ods file (15
columns, 50 rows) makes LO quit.

Is it the Mac version? I updated to LO 5.0.1, but the result is the same.
I will try and find time to file a bug report...

Thanks,
--
Guy
using LibO 5.0.1 on a iMac Intel Core i7 Yosemite 10.10.5

Guy Voets wrote:

Hello,

LO 5 looks fine and evrything seems to work fine too.

But...
I regularly do a sort on multiple colums (with headers) in Calc: C, G and
F.
LO stumbles and quits systematically on this request.

Any ideas?

Someone reported a similar problem with LibreOffice 4.4 a few months ago:
  http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/msg44387.html

It seemed to be something odd about the particular sheet. Experimenting a
bit, it was possible to sort on a different column, undo, and then sort on
the required column without a crash. Perhaps a similar workaround might
work for you. Saving after doing that might even fix whatever funny in the
document was triggering it (it may be handy to keep a copy of the
problematic version around though, in case it's useful for investigating
the issue; if there's nothing confidential it could be attached to a bug
report.

I suggested filing a bug report, with the problematic document attached so
it could be investigated, but don't know if that was ever done.

Mark.

deleted

--
Guy
using LibO 4.0.3 on a iMac Intel DualCore MountainLion 10.8.3