Brian,

I just tested what you said.

Indeed, when the cell contents is selected (cursor before content, the move over it with
'shift/right arrow'), the content is available when opening the dialogue both from the button
(which I never spotted in the first place :-) and from menu insert > hyperlink (⌘K).
From the menu this is not very intuitive, I think.

When I went to the save preferences, the option for relative path was already set (apparently it is
the default). Since it is not displayed in the dialogue this way, I just didn't think that it would
automagically be right. Next time no assumptions, just test first!

Thank you for your clear answer,

Rob.