You are doing a process that will save your data, or so it states. I would back your data up anyways. I had items pinned to the taskbar and they were saved. The apps/packages were still there.

With the ISO upgrade, I seem to have one month to go back to Win7, via an option included. But that means that you will need extra space for the Windows.old folder, where Win7 is saved.

You have to look for it, but there is a Media Creation Tool that will download/create the ISO file[s] you need so you can upgrade multiple PCs. It will create all 4 "home" versions - Professional 32 and 64 bit, and Home 32 and 64 bit. I made DVDs of all 4 versions. Mostly, I will be using the 64 bit versions.

To me, this was better than waiting for my "reservation" to come in for all my systems.