Hi :)
Err, i tend to stick with Unity for myself.

Some of my work-colleagues couldn't cope with the simplicity and the way it
doesn't look like Xp or Win7.  So i had a quick look at KDE again and was
surprised at how fast it's become.  It even out-performed Cinnamon and Mate
and even LXDE on many of our ancient machines AND it looked quite similar
to Xp/Win7.  Quite a few people found it much easier to use.

So i've been using it myself quite a bit and found how to fix some of the
inevitable teething problems in any 'new' system.  Any system needs a bit
of tweaking in order to get it working the way anyone would be happy with
so i've been finding a few of those out for myself.  However i really like
Unity now [shrugs].  For me the big advantage of KDE is that now i can do
more distro-hopping and try out many different distros while keeping a
fairly familiar Gui/DE/Window-manager.
Regards from
Tom :)