On 2015/07/14 23:10, V Stuart Foote wrote:
Andreas Säger wrote
He wants co-editors to know the last edit position.
No. I have to work on specific files for days on end and DO have to close, reopen them several (many) times.
I don't care about co-editors (the people at the translation agencies).
All I want is to open the file at pecisely the point where I have left it.
Inserting a bookmark each and every time is LUMBERSOME, to put it mildly.

Yes, and having set some user ID and then saving, when the next collaborator opens the document (also with a user ID set) the "Restore Edit View" <Shift>+F5 will reposition to the last edited position at save.
I tried that for hours on end, but never could make the "Restore Edit View" work.
The cursor NEVER goes back to ANY former editing position.

The only user effort is assuring some User ID is set for each collaborating editor and that they don't conflict (or the new Manage Changes features will get confused).
MY user ID is definitely different from that of the agency.
Thomas