On 06/07/15 09:58, Dr. Martin Hennegriff wrote:
Hi,

All I'd like to do is inserting the current/dynamic date into my letterhead.

Thx for your help

Martin

Sent from my iPad

On 05 Jul 2015, at 19:20, Luuk <luuk34@gmail.com> wrote:

On 5-7-2015 19:05, Gary Dale wrote:
On 05/07/15 12:39 PM, Luuk wrote:
On 5-7-2015 11:51, Dr. Martin Hennegriff wrote:
Dear Sir,

Libreoffice provides two date functions: a 'fixed' version and a
'dynamic' one.
Q: How can I change the default?

Regards,

Since you only have a 'fixed' and a 'dynamic' one, you cannot change
the 'default' one.....

;)

(Or, more info is needed. What are you actually trying to do?)

I think if you were being a little less clever you'd guess that he is
trying to set either the fixed or dynamic date function to be the
default one if he just inserts a date. Currently, at least on my system,
the "default" is fixed. I'm not sure you can alter that, but that seems
to be the crux of his question.

You could create a Macro
(Tools/Macros/Record Macro)

And add it to your menu
(Tools/Customize/Menu)

- I do realize that this is not an answer to the question asked
- I also realize that this is not in 'LibreOffice', but in 'LibreOffice Writer' (which is a part of
the other one, but i seems to be using Calc more often...)

Hi Martin,

I think you can achieve what you want by making a template for your letterhead, then setting the date as a field:

Insert--Fields--Other (NB NOT "Date")
Then you will be presented with a table of potential fields.
Choose "Date" and you can then select "Date (fixed)" or "Date" - the latter gives a variable date, and you can select the format you want to display it. Note that the variable date will change each time you edit the document. OTOH you may actually want "Date (fixed)" as this will be the current date when you start your new document.

HTH

Russell