Hi Xaver,

X Roemer schrieb:
Hi,

I use always the same mechanism to add radio buttons by code. Usually I
add one after one, directly after each other, and they get grouped
automatically. But this time I can choose more than one and the others
don't get disabled. (See screenshot)

I know, it's better to show some code, but it would be a bit too much,
as the creation of widgets is splitted into several steps.

My questions are:
- Is there a mechanism to group radio buttons by code instead of adding
them one directly after the other?
- Can someone guess, what else can go wrong?

See https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/BASIC_Guide/Control_Elements

There the last paragraph in section 'Option Buttons'
"To combine several option buttons in a group, you must position them one after another in the activation sequence without any gaps (Model.TabIndex property, described as Order in the dialog editor). If the activation sequence is interrupted by another control element, then OpenOffice.org automatically starts with a new control element group that can be activated regardless of the first group of control elements."

So this is different from option buttons in forms, where grouping is done by the name property.

I have tested, that you really get a grouping, when the TabIndex is consecutive. That happens automatically, when you insert them in that order.

You can change the property 'Tab index' after you have inserted a control, but that will change the other tab indexes too. You might want to have a list of the wanted tab order when designing the dialog and start changing at tab index 0.

You can set and change the property TabIndex as well inside your program before executing the dialog. But unless you insert option buttons newly (instead of setting visible) when running your program, I think, that generating the dialog controls in the correct order while designing the dialog is much easier.

Kind regards
Regina