Thank you Andreas.

Basically I was inadvertently attempting to do something I ought not to do. I was cutting and
pasting from a range of cells (Sheet4.A1:AM418) to a different sheet. Some of those cells contained
references to a PARTIALLY embedded range of cells (Sheet4.P$3:P$1230). After the cut and paste
operation, the data from 416 of the 1228 referenced cells in the embedded range has been relocated
while the data in the other 812 referenced cells remain where they were. LO Cannot be expected to
read my mind WRT my intent in my internally inconsistent operation.

My only issue was that I was not alerted that I was making this error. When I saw that I was
getting wrong results I undid the cut and paste. When I finally spotted what I'd done wrong I was
able to revise the formulas by simply deleting rows 419 through 1230 before performing the cut and
paste once again. In this instance that was the correct action to take.

I'm so happy that I spotted the incorrect values in calculated cells right away but it could have
been disastrous.

Upon detection of this inconsistency I would have expected LO to have displayed a notification
dialog with one option being to cancel the operation.

As I indicated, I made a major boo-boo. I doubt many others have done the same but I hope my
experience helps somebody else,

--
Jim