Am 14.04.2015 um 07:03 schrieb bhaumikdave:
I am using US Locale i.e. (English) US so it uses dd-mm-yy format.

But your dates are in " mm-dd-yy"  format.  Inorder to convert 04-14-2015 to
14th April, 2015  , I need to change Date and Time settings from Control
panel.

I kept my US locale as it is and changed date format to "mm-dd-yy" and
converted your dates as 13-April-2015, 14-April-2015, and so on.

Hope this  is useful.

Ah, you prefer using the Windows system panel for a simple text import?
Would you find that setting on a Mac?

And did you try out what Excel does when you do not adjust your system
settings? No? It will import text and/or wrong dates with twisted months
and days. Even the holy Excel is able to import wrong data when you are
unaware of system settings.

What is wrong with the locale setting right in front of your nose on the
_text_import_dialog_ of LibreOffice where you can choose anything
adequate without navigating the system panel?

If you know, that my dates had been exported in German, you can easily
import
13. Mai 2015|10.3256,98
Check "special numbers", German(Germany) language and | as column separator.

I agree that the "special mumbers" option is misleading (if not
obsolete) and that it should be checked by default, however ignoring any
options will lead to errors sooner or later. In fact this option remains
checked by default once it has been used. In the rare cases where this
option does the wrong thing, you may turn it of or explicitly mark the
column as "Text".