Hi Andreas, thanks for taking your time to respond.

also sprach Andreas Säger <villeroy@t-online.de> [2015-04-15 17:44 +0200]:
Not sure if I understand what you're after. The [Standard] button
on the style editor dialog resets all attributes to the attribute
values of the parent style.

This is better than recreating the style, so thank you for the hint.

I guess what I am really after is some sort of text-file export or
a UI allowing me to individually add and remove attributes from
a style. I imagine some tree arrangement and attributes, such as
"underline", and then I can select whether this attribute

  - is set to on   (forces underlining)
  - is set to off  (forces no underlining)
  - is not set     (inherits underlining from other formatting/styles)

While this does not exist, I can make do with your solution.

Thanks,

--
@martinkrafft | http://madduck.net/ | http://two.sentenc.es/

obviously i was either onto something, or on something.
                                 -- larry wall on the creation of perl

spamtraps: madduck.bogus@madduck.net