Hi :)
Yeh, LQ is an excellent centralised place.

There are a LOT of articles about LibreOffice (and some on OpenOffice too)
on different websites and their comments sections often used to have
ridiculous claims that LibreOffice/OpenOffice 'cant do' this or that and
often citing that as a reason why people 'have to' use MS Office instead.
Of course it is usually something really trivially easy to do, such as
clicking on one of the big "A" buttons on the tool-bar or Ctrl B to make
things bold instead of hunting for the big "B" button!

I have sometimes been strongly tempted to go through their whole
registration process purely to post a link to the LibreOffice "Get Help"
page so people have the full range of choices for official support.

Also, as Tim points out there are many different distros each offering
their own mailing list or forum support.  I think most of them probably
have a link to the "Get Help" page for LibreOffice but it'd be nice if
there was some way of checking each of the main distros to see if there
already is something or an efficient way of doing it so that people can see
it easily.  I think Ubuntu do it by having such External Links in their
"Community Documentation" pages.

I agree with Tim that probably the most efficient way to reach out to the
wider world is to help out at LinuxQuestions.
Regards from
Tom :)