There is a newer version at https://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/libreoffice-fresh/ which is libreoffice-fresh 4.4.1-2

It might help resolve your problem.

Not an Arch user myself so I don't understand the build process.

Did you run LibreOffice the normal way and export as pdf to see if it creates [].

On 3/12/2015 8:12 PM, fdong wrote:
After spent many days of struggling, finally I built libreoffcie-4.4.0.3 on
Arch linux.

I run the command line on new built software: soffice --headless
--convert-to pdf my.docx
(here my.docx is a regular English document with size 19K)

my.pdf has been created successfully. but the display in Adobe Reader looks
strange: The structure of pdf resembles original docx format. but all
characters in pdf are display as [], in Adobe Reader.

I did the compare with the libreoffice installed on Mac. Here is the
summury:

                                                     Original file size
(.docx)        size of pdf after convert (.pdf)
using software built on linux box:       19K
8.5K
using software installed on Mac:         19K
98K

You see that the size after converting using new built was much smaller that
the one built from installed software.
I used online tool to extract txt from pdf. it consists of only data
'FFFFF...'

Any idea how this happened or how to debug the issue?

I attached the configuration flags I used to build libreoffice:
--without-java
                 --disable-cups
                 --with-doxygen=no
                 --with-build-version="${_LOver} Arch Linux build-${pkgrel}"
--with-vendor="Arch Linux"
                 --prefix=/usr
                 --exec-prefix=/usr
                 --sysconfdir=/etc