At 10:28 11/03/2015 +1300, David Love wrote:
What I want, in simple terms, is to determine the average number of steps I am taking every week. Hopefully, this explanation will answer the questions reaided.

Not really!

I think you've confirmed that the 10000 figure is irrelevant in the calculation. But your earlier statements that "if day 1 reaches a production of 10,000 units I want this figure entered" and "If days 1+2+3+4 total, say, 42,500 I want ... to show the average of 10,265" both indicate that the required result does not depend on other daily values. These contradict the idea that you simply want the true average of all seven values.

Unsurprisingly, you can calculate averages using the AVERAGE() function.

Incidentally, doesn't all this cry out for a table instead of a list? Put a week date (or date range) in column A, as you suggest. Enter your data for the days of that week in columns B to H of the same row. It's then particularly simple to calculate averages in column I. At the bottom of the columns, you could calculate averages for each weekday - and perhaps discover that you need to be more active on Thursdays!

Brian Barker