On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 5:49 AM, anddos <anddo@neostrada.pl> wrote:

I work for medicine, to be precise, as an engineer active in the human
ecosystem personal care.
It makes me very satisfied, but I have to deal with quite a range of
technological problems.
That, explains maybe that I'd rather try to get help, instead of wasting
time on my one in case

I did edit your spreadsheet and put a copy here.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xusCFUw5wy62IOcRJTTTfCQxtAcnyccXJuMHUilZ9T8/edit?usp=sharing
In my copy I've highlighted all the number/value "pairs" and have some
questions based on that.

First, some numbers aren't paired with anything. What do they belong with?
thay are orfans,  I,ve just did not remark it
Second, you refer to the values as an array but, given the organization of
the spreadsheet I don't see any arrays. What arrays are you referring to?
Cell addresses would be helpful to understand.
the array was ment as follow:
There are severall tools, which give their output sequentially in time.
The output creates "an arrey", data are
placed in rows and columns
Regarding your question about numbers of rows and columns I believe the
max number of rows is 1,000,000 and max columns is 1024.
thank you.
The question:  till know, I don't realise, it was meant spreadseet or base
table 1,000,000x1024 ?

Your example was given in a spreadsheet. My answer re: rows and columns was
therefore limits for the spreadsheet.

Your example for "A" target shows the one positive value for "A" in one
column and the negative values for "A" in a different column. In the target
the order of values by row is the same as in the source.
right, it should rest as in the input "array"
Which gets me back to I still don't understand what you need to accomplish.
I belive now, to be understood, I need to accomlish it as in example for A

Answers to a few questions may help me:
- is the goal to rearrange the "Raw Alphanumerical" so it is organized
like the target
yes, separately in files for A, B, C, etc, and additionally, if possible,
all in columns in one file
- is there a specific repeatable method for why data is where it is in the
"Raw Alphanumerical" and if there is what are the rules? Knowing the rules
would go a long way to planning how to rearrange "Raw" into "Target"
output of each tool gives specyfic array of data, there are several tools.
Tools are active in axis of time,
independently each of other, in a kind of burst of time.

I am still trying to understand the source data. Looking again at the
spreadsheet I wonder does each row represent the same point in time? In
other words, for row 7 events were recorded from source A and B at the same
point in time. For row 9 events were recorded from source B, D and G at the
same point in time.

With this idea as reference my thought is to first organize the input so it
is collected in one of two ways with some similar rules for both methods.
First rule, no empty rows. Second rule, column A should be a time stamp for
when the event happened.
Method1
Column A is time stamp
Column B is "A", "B", ..., "G", etc, a tag to indicate which device
provided the value
Column C is the value provided by the device

In this method Column A may have multiple rows with the same value because
multiple devices may have an event at the same time. Therefore the values
in column A and column B together make each row unique.

The spreadsheet can now be used as the source for a pivot table or database
query that displays the data in your desired format.

Method2
Column A is time stamp
Column B is "A", "B", ..., "G", etc, a tag to indicate which device
provided the value
Column C is the value provided by the device
Column D is "A", "B", ..., "G", etc, a tag to indicate which device
provided the value
Column E is the value provided by the device
Column F repeat pattern above...

This method requires data from each device, the device label and value, go
into specific columns. In other words device A must always put it's values
in columns B and C, device B puts its values in columns D and E, ...,
device G puts its values in columns N and O, etc.

As in the first method each row represents a single point in time

Again the spreadsheet would be used as the source for a pivot table or
database query to display the data.

I think Method1 is the better way to attempt. Devices can be added and
removed without considering what column the data goes in. It will always go
in A, B, and C. Timestamp, Device identifier, Value.

Allan, sorry for shaggy english from time to time. My brain was created in
polsh, I have friends and technical
relations in the world, so I have to deal with english, russian, germen
and french.
I believe, my english part of the brain is helpfull enough, to make me be
understood with a bit of effort of yours.

:-) no worries about your English. I'm jealous of your language skills. I
can only speak English, bad English and a very teeny ting bit of
Vietnamese.