Hi :)
The way Andreas describes Base's internal back-end makes a lot of sense out
of what i have always heard about the internal back-end functioning so
badly.  Trying to read/write into a file inside a zip-file is often tricky
and i just hadn't thought about that wrt Base.

However, i was under the impression that the devs move to using a different
internal back-end would give them a chance to do a better job of it.
Sometimes prototyping really helps identify difficult areas.  Also running
a system for a long time does sometimes flag up issues that may not have
been noticeable at the time.

So i thought the move to a different internal back-end would at least make
it possible to upgrade that back-end and maybe keep it less heavily tweaked
and thus more inline with their own documentation to help people with all
sorts of issues.  Even just a couple of things like that might be a huge
improvement.
Regards from
Tom :)