Correction

On 2/23/2015 4:12 PM, Paul D. Mirowsky wrote:
It may be that you are looking for Z axis data at three levels of Z.

0 = All land
1 = All perimeter enclosed data
2 = All bird locations

If Z data = 0 + 1 + 2 = 3 (bird in perimeter) bird in perimeter counter +1 If Z data = 0 + 2 + 0 = 2 (bird outside perimeter) bird outside perimeter counter +1

If location of bird Z data = 2 read x,y for position on map
If location of bird Z data = 3 read x,y for position on map

Use GPS co-ordinates under overlay of image.

0 level is the number of defined points X, Y. Resolution dependent on GPS resolution.

Finding the edge alone is more complex because you have to test for X+1, X-1, Y+1 and Y-1. If any of them are 0 or 2 in the Z axis, it is a perimeter edge.

It should be do-able in Calc. But I'm sure there are better ways.

Hope this helps.