Hi :)
Congrats!!  Nicely done! :)

Yeh, that surprised me too.  I had assumed it would work the same way as
the Windows installer 'should' do.
Congrats and regards from
Tom :)

On 16 February 2015 at 12:17, M Henri Day <mhenriday@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi :)
On Ubuntu i have to install Base separately.  I'm not sure what
happened when i installed the official one from the LibreOffice website.
Can't quite remember that far back tbh.  When i use a package-manager to
isntall the default one in the repos i can select all sorts of components
and maybe Extensions and stuff.  I thought it was the same for all Linux,
especially for 'Ubuntu clones'?  (although i think it's been a loooong time
since Mint could be claimed to be that)

I thought the Windows version had pretty much everything all in one
package (and the the help files in a separate bundle)?  Then the Linux, Bsd
and Mac version allowed a bit more finesse?

I still don't know where to get Base from as i was fairly convinced it
was included in the main Windows install automatically.
Regards from
Tom :)

​As you know, Tom, Linux Mint is a fork of Ubuntu, so generally
speaking, that which applies to the latter applies, *ceteribus paribus​*,
to the former. Could you tell me just *how* you managed to install Base
on Ubuntu ?...

Henri

​Tom, I just took a chance and performed a search for LibreOffice in the
Linux Mint Program Manager​
​. To my joy, I found that it was possible to install individual LO
programmes, including libreoffice-base via this service. Said and done ; I
installed it and Base now launches as it should with a simple click in the
LibreOffice window. Hallelujah !...

Henri