On Tue, 10 Feb 2015 09:43:20 -0700 (MST)
V Stuart Foote <VStuart.Foote@utsa.edu> wrote:

Jim Seymour wrote
[snip]

Question: Do recent (i.e. 4.3.x.x and later) versions of LO
*capably* allow the opening/editing/saving of PDF files that are
writable and not encrypted or otherwise protected?

Simple answer... YES, but LibreOffice is not a PDF editor and will
never be. It will always import to ODF native formats,  and then must
export/print back to PDF as a round trip process.
[snip]

Surely a distinction without a difference?

On Tue, 10 Feb 2015 18:19:03 +0000