Funny, I never thought of modifying any yum settings. It just works for me! I'll have to check next time I install Fedora!

There is a new version of LO about once very month. I normally grab that and install. I keep the tar.gz files in case I don't like the new version (highly unlikely).

I also occasionally download the development version which is much more volatile but interesting to have a look at what is in the pipeline. I wouldn't encourage using the dev version for sensitive docs though :)

Cheers