Side note... You probably need to modify one of your yum configuration files to tell yum to ignore
LO updates.

On Feb 5, 2015 9:08 AM, Andrew Douglas Pitonyak <andrew@pitonyak.org> wrote:

On 02/05/2015 07:07 AM, Tom Davies wrote:
Hi :)
I think you can usually just install over the top to wipe the previous version.

However on an extremely rare occasion that might not work in which
case you might need to remove/uninstall everything and then reinstall
the newer version.  however when you do so you can keep the User
Profile so that all your settings, configs, galleries,
Extensions/add-ons/plugins, templates and all the rest remain intact.
It's quite a good idea to create a copy of your User Profile every so
often so that it's easier to get back to a configuration you liked if
anything crazy ever happens.

It's the price of getting a much newer and more updated version.
Windows users always have to install any programs this way so it's a
bit like going back to Windows for a little moment.

Regards from
Tom :)