Hi All

I have been running a MySQL Database with LO Base as a front-end for some time now -
and VERY successfully indeed compared to the built-in engine in LO Base!!
(My OpSys is PClinuxOS 32-bit)

For a variety of reasons I decided to "rebuild" my system last week. I have a back-up of my Database as a CSV file and have completely wiped the hard drive and reinstalled the OpSys and all relevant programs and copied all my data into /home.

I now need to set-up my Database again but have a question.
(My Database has only one table with about 2500 records and each record has 80 fields.)

Which is the correct procedure??

1) Set-up the Database in MySQL and create an empty table to import the CSV into. Then link Base to it. 2) Set-up the Database in MySQL then use LO Base to create the table and do the import
3) Set-up the Database using LO Base and then import the data.

Thanks for any pointers.

IanW
Pretoria RSA