gordom ,

One advise: do not use forms , make your own dialogs with controls. Then you need to write some macro's to run the queries and fill the controls with the data from your queries or table contents.

Greetz

Fernand
Hallo everyone.

Background:

We are using a spreadsheet with a pivot table to generate price lists. The price lists show prices for some sets of products. Each time somebody wants to see actual price, must do 2 things:
- choose a name of the set from a drop down list and
- put a current rate in a certain cell to update the prices.

Then the spreadsheet:
1. checks what kind and how many items belong to the certain set
2. checks foreign description of each item and puts its proper translation 3. checks prices, multiply them by the given rate and number of items and sum up everything
4. runs macros to format data and present it nicely in the pivot

Everything works fine until I have to make data modifications (i.g. if some products are not produced any more, or the prices are changed etc.). At this point updating a spreadsheet becomes a complicated and time consuming task. I think it would be easier for me to maintain these data in LO Base instead of using spreadsheet. I believe everything could be accomplished with some tables, one or few queries and front-end form that will be based on these queries. This form will be used to retrieve and present data only (not for modifying data in database).

Question before I'll start designing a database (I'm a novice in Base):

Is it possible to make a field in this front-end form where users can put a rate to calculate prices in the table or query "on the fly" (like in the spreadsheet, where a certain cell is referred to a range of cells in another worksheet)? I'll appreciate any help.
Regards,
gordom