       yet you can open the file in LO -> save as whatever document format
you so desire;
           no loss of content -
          and, by switching to LO, you will eliminate all the gobbledegook
which MsFt's add to the document  ;-)

From: Andreas Säger <villeroy@t-online.de>
Date: Tue, Jan 6, 2015 at 2:52 AM
Subject: [libreoffice-users] Re: Batch Convert from .wps to .doc or docx
To: users@global.libreoffice.org

Am 06.01.2015 um 08:46 schrieb bishoplowe:

I have been seeking a way to batch convert WordPerfect files to the .doc
format. I was reading that this could previously be done on some versions
of
Libreoffice. There was something about a command line where this could be
done. I have been unable to find any information regarding this in the
current version.

Is there still a way that batch conversions can be done in Libreoffice? If
so can anyone help?

WordPerferct is the preferred program to convert its own file format to
.doc. Nothing qualifies LibreOffice to convert from one foreign file
format into another foreign file format. Even though this is possible,
the results may be far from "Word Perfect".
http://www.zamzar.com/convert/wps-to-doc/ is a very good online service
to convert documents.